Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The most fascinating floral idea


It is rare that I go visit the world of wedding blogs unless I want to lose myself for hours in silk, satin, and tulle and truthfully sometimes I do. I also lose myself in the pure creativity that romance inspires. Perhaps it is the passion of the occasion that gives brides their extreme dose of creativity and that is the part that I find so fascinating in the world of weddings. The details. When I saw this floral arrangement on Style Me Pretty, I was in awe of this clever idea, a raised blanket of fresh florals in gorgeous colours. Brilliant. Fascinating. 


Though I am sure that brides will embrace this DIY idea of using metal pegboard and dangling stems, wouldn't it be fascinating on a dinner party table as well? See more views here.


Love this presentation idea as well from here, certainly as a wedding centerpiece or for any occasion but what a spectacular way to bring a floral gift to a deserving hostess............ or for any reason at all. 





Photos linked at source

14 comments:

  1. It's snowing at 8 degrees here and these flowers, these ideas, have warmed my spirit! Lovely! And, seemingly very simple.

    Thanks for sharing these blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, lovely ideas, Sande!
    Yes, I could get lost in the world of wedding blogs...100 Layer Cake, Green Wedding Shoes, Snippet and Ink, Style Me Pretty,the list goes on. I agree with you, I have to restrain myself from those sites as I would literally wile away too much time there!
    I love that large fancy glass jar with the single large bloom at the bottom. Sometimes something simple goes a lot farther than trying too hard. And those chartreuse napkins and cutlery~I know they probably took your breath away!

    Good day to you my friend,
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous ideas - then again, anything involving beautiful blooms is usually gorgeous. Love the last idea most...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both these ideas Sande... So pretty... I would love to try them if I could find that metal peg board... back to the hardware store for me! xv

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, so so pretty...and so easy once you see how it's done. What a creative person to think of this. And, I LOVE the bride's headpiece...big poofy netting...just lovely. xx's BTW, who are you inviting to dinner?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful ideas. Made me excited for summer..it just snowed here today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A little touch of springtime on this cold Paris day....such a simple idea with the peg board but gorgeous effect for this wedding setting.
    Carla x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Delightful floral displays, but you wouldn't want to be short and trying to see over the flowers in order to speak to the person sitting opposite you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I worry about the poor flowers out of water and wilting through the dinner, however pretty they look!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw this one featured on another blog and loved it too! The possibilities, right? I bet you'd come up with something amazing to share

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice idea (the first one) though there is always a big chance someone to believe this is the main course and it them lol!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the first idea - what a fantastic mix of colour & flowers - so unexpected but it works so perfectly! You can never have too many flowers! So happy to have stumbled across your gorgeous blog! I have just signed up as your latest follower! I look forward to popping back for some more inspiration~
    x
    Melissah

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am always amazed how inspiring we can be when we think outside the square. I love the ideas, thank you so much for sharing. What a beautiful space you have created my very first visit here I will follow on my way out so I know my path back here. Perhaps you will find the time to come visit me soon and do the same. I look forward to engaging more throughout the year and beyond. Take care. Cheers SpecialK XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful and creative ideas.
    Hugs from Brasil.
    Tereza

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are such a lovely addition to my day. Thank you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails